Saturday, January 30, 2010

Happy 13th Birthday Nate!

It's official ~ we now have a teenager in the house!

Not to embarrass him too much, but he is a great kid growing up into a great man.  He has always shown great empathy for others and still does.  He's a lot like his dad in that way - very kind hearted.   He's also as tall as mom now and has size 11 feet - Wow!  He still loves to read ~ in that he's a lot like his mom.  I was an avid reader starting in childhood and can still be found with a book in my hand most evenings.  


For Nate's birthday I took him and a friend to see Avatar in 3D (notice the glasses).  We all really enjoyed the movie, the special effects are as amazing as they say.  We had some great conversations afterwards about things that came up in the movie and I was once again amazed at the mature conversations I'm able to have with Nate.  We just have this great connection and can talk about stuff - from serious stuff to fun stuff.  I truly enjoy spending time with him and am very proud of the person he's becoming.
               I love you Nate :-) Mom

1 comment: