Thursday, March 26, 2009

SisterChicks in Chicago


Last weekend I got some quality girltime with my best friend Jodi in Chicago. She picked me up at the airport on Friday and we headed into the city for a fun weekend of sightseeing, eating and hanging out. As you can see we took many pictures, mostly focused on the architecture in downtown Chicago. We both had just read the book, "The Devil in the White City", which is about Chicago during the time of the World's Fair and explains a lot of the history behind the many buildings in Chicago. We were even able to take a riverboat architecture tour on Saturday because the weather was so nice. Normally the boats aren't running until May! I should have taken notes because I don't remember most of what our docent told us, but the pictures show the many varied styles of architecture represented in downtown Chicago.

Of course our weekend included lots of good food - Oven Grinder style pizza, Greek salad, Chinese food, blueberry & cashew pancakes (a favorite), Garrett's popcorn and Gino's East deep dish pizza. We also managed to squeeze in a visit to Navy Pier, the Art Institute, a makeover at Nordstroms and a movie.

It was such a fun weekend with awesome weather - 50's and sunny in March ....this is only one of many adventures we will share in our lifetime. Thanks friend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kim~
I had such a blast with you! I love looking at the pictures and smiling at all the fun -- let's make a girls weekend a tradition! And PS, happy birthday, early!!
Jodi

Roessler Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. One of the buildings in your pictures (City Front Place) is where my friend Vineeta used to live. We spent many great weekends there. I love Chicago and when we come back to US, that is one place that I'd like to live.